Thought #3. The end justifies the means.



Beniatjar, Valencia. Sunday afternoon.

Lolling around on the Calvary, the sun glaring right in my eyes, I feel rejuvenated. Our body has been designed to overcome difficulties. The brain can providentially forget those trifling fears that sometimes are able to keep us sleepless, staring up at our bedroom ceiling all night long.

Sucre is lying on a stone bench by me, quiet and peaceful. Wagging his tail occasionally as a sign of happiness. Aware of the companionable silence, who knows? No other human being around to talk to, I can free my mind.

There is no single niggling worry at the back of my head. I can now do my own thing. Sometimes a bit of self-awareness and selfishness is not harmful. The end justifies the means.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought #1. Practice makes perfect.

Thought #22. The elephant in the room.

Thought #24. Keep calm and take life philosophically.